CS609 System Programming Solution File of Assignment No 3
Q: Write C program to perform a block read operation using interrupt 13H/42H. Follow the instructions given below: [Note that we are using DAP data structure which is used by extended int 13H service].
- Include all header files and declare string arrays to input low and high word.
- Declare DAP structure and file pointer.
- Get low double word from the user, temporarily store it in character array st, and assign this value to lbalod.
- Get high double word from the user, temporarily store it in character array st, and assign this value to lbahid.
- Finally, generate the interrupt 0x13
- Open file through fopen()
- Write the read block of hard disk to file.